Standard/A grade pins are pins that have virtually no flaws. However, keep in mind that they are still made by hand by highly skilled workers in my partner factories in China. For that reason, the pins might present some minor flaws like:
- small dots in the enamel
- dents on the metal of the edges of the pins that were made during the backstamp process
- small bits of dust trapped in the enamel
- slight underfilling/overfilling of the enamel
- small areas of over polishing on the metal
Most of those defects are not very noticeable unless you really pay attention to them.
Rest assured that each pin is sifted through carefully and I will make sure to send the best quality possible. However, if you have an issue with the quality of the pin you receive upon arrival, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seconds/B grade pins are items that have noticeable flaws/imperfections, for that reason they are being sold at a discount. You can't request to know in advance what type of flaws you will be getting, as i'm sending them randomly. Here's a lit of potential defects:
- dark spots on the enamel
- large dents or scratches
- big inconsistencies in line thicknesses
- missing colour
- wrong colour
- big dust particles trapped in the enamel
- big areas of over polishing
- big areas of underfilling ot overfilling of enamel
- big areas of tarnished metal
Despite these errors, the pin can still be enjoyed and we avoid wasting.
Last updated on January 1st, 2023.